🌐 🌿 List of ethical, easy to use, privacy conscious softwares:
Growing up as a lonely, bullied kid in the 90s, I found solace in books, computers, and later, the online world. In my quest to find belonging, never quite fulfilled, I've been involved with various communities over the year. A biography in toots:
My experience on #mastodon so far
- I used to be twitter addicted but now I am opening mastodon first
- moderators are really really helpful & committed to safe environment
- @Gargron has impressed us with swift addition to rules about casteism which is India’s Racism
- Dalits, Minorities & Women face such hateful replies on twitter but here it is truly a safe space
- nice to read so much good content without toxicity
- the small handle big handle thing is over
I absolutely love it 😍
The graph on left is mstdn dot social, right is main instance. Looks like the number of users joining has significantly fallen down but the conversation is going on.
Big thanks to @Deepsealioness 💚 for helping with the onboarding process allowing everyone in India to discover each other. Thats the reason you see the beautiful status going on high on the graphs showing the buzz. ✊
and I would be in the panel “Honest Conversations on Diversity and Inclusivity“ tomorrow at the Queer and Allies Art Festival. Join us if you are in Chennai
Over 50% of adolescents ((about 63 million girls and 81 million boys)) in the age group of 10 to 19 years in India are, short, thin, overweight or obese, revealed a UNICEF report released in association with NITI Aayog.
#malnutrition #india #publichealth
The reason unconscientious celebs ( including star journos etc.) and influencers are not ready to give up their twitter accounts despite the obvious toxicity on that site is that they won't be adorned with the special blue tick. Those who have migrated are the ones who truly believe in equality. #india
My piece in latest Frontline on why this year's Nobel Prize in Economics, by celeberating RCTs as a silver bullet against poverty, is likely to do more harm than good for the poor
@pavi I've really gotten into webfeeds once I've implemented autodiscovery in my browser.
I'm queer woman doing research on stress, stigma, and health in the queer community. I process stuff about bodies, shame, and mental health through art (same handle on instagram 👀).
Opinions aplenty about queerness, gender, politics, mental health, body positivity/liberation/acceptance -- often listen more than I speak
Anonish account (for now). Hi.
BEWARE #nationalism arrives! The first #jaihind and #India is awesome post is here. It also comes with flowers 🌷 https://mastodon.social/@mohanishchopra/103109828301195120
Continuing my post on RSS ( RDF Site Summary) All your accounts are actually broadcasting a RSS feed.
So the format is simple https://firstname.lastname@example.org should give you the link to the RSS feed of any user from that server. You can use the feed reader which I mentioned before to browse the posts directly. On #firefox we used to have inline supported but not any more. 😢 We need to use an extension called #livemarks https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/livemarks/
Enjoy the plain #text #india
Post credits @jookia
Today, November the 9th, it is #AaronSwartz (11/09/1986- 01/11/2013) Day
- Infos about Aaron: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Swartz
- Video "The Internet's Own Boy" : https://archive.org/download/TheInternetsOwnBoyTheStoryOfAaronSwartz/TheInternetsOwnBoy_TheStoryofAaronSwartz-HD.mp4
- Video of #ChelseaManing : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DmvCgP_n5Jo
- Dedicated web site : https://www.aaronswartzday.org/
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!